Your cart is currently empty!
WINTER ON BEAUTY
Simplicity is the key to a healthy beauty regime, gone are the days where we slather eight to ten products on our faces, it’s a time suck and unnecessary not to mention, overly sensitises the skin’s barrier eventually making it weaker.
When it comes to the battle between skin and sleep, I choose sleep and spending less time in front of the mirror.
Of late, actually since the pandemic, I have slowly and surely and steadfastly graduated to a more simplified and streamlined process of beauty. Let’s face it, we were not really going all out thanks to lockdown and the pandemic therefore no need for more than was absolutely necessary.
The night time beauty routine, is both intricate and important to a good night’s sleep especially because this is when the skin replenishes herself hence the use of richer and denser creams at night time.
When it comes to beauty, its really about 1, 2, 3 maybe 4 step. The philosophy is to keep it entirely simple and paired back. Invest in a good kit; sunscreen, serum, toner, cleanser and that’s about it.
AM – THE LINE UP:
- CLEANSE; invest in a good gentle foaming cleanser or a mild cream cleanser | MELVITA CLEANING FOAMING GEL
- TONER / SERUM– some forego this step but it gives a good base for anything else to go on your skin. At a push use essence if you are averse to toners | FENTY BEAUTY
- SERUM (If your toner has no serum in it) | Glossier’s trio of toners- but if one SUPER BOUNCE.
- MOISTURISER | in the summer use a light weight moisturiser in the winter, amp it up and make is rich – Glossier Rich Cream | Augustinus Bader Rich cream– A rich cream for the winter is ideal because the skin takes a battering with the lack of moisture in the atmosphere so always batter up with a Rich cream moisturiser
- SUNSCREEN – I cannot stress this enough, PLEASE invest in really good sunscreen- Cell Fusion C
PM – THE LINE UP
- CLEANSE : Start with an oil cleaner to break up the oils from the day. or a gentle cleanse and polish- Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish
- MICELLAR WATER– Go in with a micellar water to cleanse the residue of the makeup- Bioderma Micellar Water | Grape Water- Caudalie
- SERUM | Work with a rich night time serum with Hyaluronic Acid – BYOMA Brightening serum
- MOISTURISER | A really good moisturiser for night time involves royal jelly or Aloe. I am a sucker, an absolute sucker for a good night time routine that involves good moisturiser. Burt’s Bees Royal Jelly | Augustinus Bader The Rich Cream | HELLO BODY- Aloe Night
- FACE MASK | once a week- REN Ever Calm Ultra Comforting Mask | Glossier Moon mask |