Your cart is currently empty!
The Olympics are done and its time for a family holiday run. Its August, which means EVERYONE is getting away! Staycation, vacation, spa session, we are all in lazy motion. The calm before the almighty storm of Fashion Week and back to school. Whether it be to the country side, the city or on a Safari, make sure you get away; let your hair down, stop and smell the roses…yada, yada, yada. Let’s tackle the necessary shall we.
For the road to the airport;
Let’s get one thing straight; we can’t all be Victoria “Posh Spice” Beckham, chances are we won’t all be flying first class on a private jet for that matter too, so heels are a waste of time. More than likely someone will be running late for their flight so you will have to leg it down the terminal. You need your most sensible shoes. K? Good. We want to keep this look simple and easy, fuss free and very much on the go. Key to this look is the Schlep and go bag; dump in everything and just go. No fuss no frills and it’ll take your whole life with you.
1; Pret-a-surf polo tee. 2; Marni Cropped Boyfriend jeans. 3; A cheeky grey tee this one from Delicious Couture. 4; Current Elliot Jeans. 5; Converse trainers. 6; Mulberry Bayswater. 7; Micheal by Micheal Kors flats (I swear by these) 8; YSL Cabas chyc tote. 9; Vanessa Bruno Blazer.
So you’re in paradise, wherever that may be, your first night was an early night to get you refreshed for the day of adventure ahead of you. This is the explorer’s look. Key to this; easy, cool, relaxed and hands free. You have your local guide and list of places to go, things to see and what to do. You little journey woman.
1. Joie scalloped edge tank & Paige Denim cut offs 2. Michael by Michael Kors jumpsuit. 3. Moschino tee & Helmut Lang side slit maxi skirt. 4. Sophie Hulme cross body satchel 5. Jimmy Choo glitter sneakers 6. Marc Jacobs flats.
Next look is the easy day look for lunch with friends, shopping or taking in more of the city but at a leisurely pace…easy day pieces work best.
1. L’agence dress 2. DVF tank top & Paule Ka print skirt. 3. DVF dress 4. UGGS wedges 5. Carven sling backs.
The Maxi is a Must for any holiday, no matter the location nothing beats a maxi to potter around town or zhoosh up for a glamourous night, a maxi works perfectly. For an evening of dance and dinner this look works best and the key to this are the flats, sore feet do not a perfect holiday make there’ll be time for that later.
1. Alice & Olivia maxi jumpsuit 2. Issa 3. Missoni 4. Moschino Cheap&Chic 5. McQueen thong sandals 6. YSL nude clutch 7. K Jacques st Trospez flats.
A more formal affair, that one night when you have to entertain the in-laws maybe, have dinner at the consulate possibly or meet the resident Queen and King Bee of the chichi set, you want something more formal but still perfect for holiday mode. The key to this look is easy; the dress.
1. Red Valentino shift 2. Red Valentino champagne cocktail dress 3.LBD from YSL. 4. Loeffler Randall polka dot pumps 5. Christian Louboutin leather and chain pumps 6. Alexander McQueen print box clutch.
Take it to the floor, shake your tail-feather on a night out on the town; cut up to the there, cut out everywhere, sparkle and shine, this is the night to let your hair down and dance the night away. So keep those heels high and hem lengths even higher.
1. Haute Hippie cut-out top 2. Michael, Michael Kors sequinned jersey dress 3. Christian Louboutin leather and chain pumps 4. Lanvin leather sandals. 5. Alice & Olivia leather shorts.
And then we have the wild card outfit, every holiday needs a wild card outfit; something you probably won’t wear at home but on a holiday, you’ll take the chance. Prints medley, leopard print onesie (if that’s your thing) a perfect mash up combination.
1. Rebecca Taylor top and shorts 2. MiuMiu glitter pumps (a must) 3. YSL nude clutch.
And finally for the fundamental extras you need a few bits and pieces, failsafe and insurance….passport? check. tickets? check. hotels? check. taxi booked? check. vaccination? check. Whatever you have left behind you’ll pick up at your destination.
1. MiuMiu one piece 2. the white shirt (Marc Jacobs) 3. print pants (tucker) 4. the one piece (pret a surf) 5. MiuMiu sunglasses 6. Bikini top (dolce&gabbana) 7. Celine sunglasses 8. Heidi Klein beach hat 9. Norma Kamali high waist bikini bottoms (mix and match with 6) 10. formal shorts Chloe 11. red pumps (Mulberry). 12. A good book 13. the phone charger 14. Sunblock (do not leave home without it).
You’ve check the switches, turned off the water heater, triple checked the taps, water the plants, dropped the pets to the pet hotel (you know, as you do) Up Up and away!! On your marks, jet-set, wheels up and GO! Just don’t come back married or with a tattoo of the waitress or holiday hook up…not a good look.